Nursing awards & honors
UK HealthCare and Kentucky Children's Hospital recognize and honor nursing staff for clinical excellence and commitment to the profession of nursing throughout the year and annually during National Nurses Week.
The annual awards are:
- Dorothy Brockopp Nursing Research Award
Up to $1,000 is available for your nursing research proposal, study in progress, or completed study. Practice Improvement or evidence-based practice projects may also be funded. Instructions are available at this link, Nursing Research Award Application (PDF, 84 KB) »
- The M.J. Dickson Quality Nursing Care Award, that recognizes a nurse who shares Ms. Dickson's commitment to professional nursing and demonstrates excellence in clinical practice.
- The Diana Weaver Leadership/Management Award, that recognizes nursing leader/ managers who promote quality nursing care.
- The Karen Stefaniak Appreciative Inquiry Quilt of Teamwork Award recognizes excellent nursing support.
- We also recognize RNs and NCTs throughout the year with a Clinical Excellence Award. The recipients of these awards are honored annually during National Nurses Week at an awards dinner.
- Pat Powers Recognition Award
This award recognizes team members on a unit for nursing excellence. The winning team members are recognized for creating an environment for professional practice through role modeling, coaching, teaching and advocacy.
- Karen E. Hall Nursing Education Award
The award is named in honor of Karen E. Hall, MSN, RN, who served as an educational leader from 1967 to 2010. Throughout her career at UK HealthCare, Karen exemplified a strong commitment to quality and evidence-based education of nursing staff. This award is established to honor Karen Hall and to recognize a nurse who has demonstrated quality education for the nursing staff either in their unit or for the enterprise.