Adult Emergency Center
1000 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536
UK Adult Emergency Center entrance
The Adult Emergency Center is a dedicated space geared to adults experiencing medical emergencies not classified as Level I traumas.
Patients enter through the dedicated entrance off South Limestone or may be transported through the ambulance entry or helipads on top of the building.
UK Adult Emergency Center welcome center
Dedicated registration staff welcomes patients and families and alert the triage nurse for care assessment.
UK Adult Emergency Center waiting area
- The area features comfortable seating, artwork, televisions and vending machines.
- Our goal is to get patients into a room and ensure they are seen as quickly as possible.
- 33 exam rooms
- Private consultation rooms
- Direct access to the Level I Trauma Center and Express Care
Express emergency care is designed to accelerate patient care for those who are not critically injured or sick. It includes:
- Five exam rooms plus one room that has six comfortable lounge chairs designed for patients who don’t need an exam room.
Advanced Technology in Use
The new Emergency Department has access to advanced imaging and diagnostic technology:
- Digital radiographic (X-ray) and computerized tomography (CT) capabilities are available 24 hours a day.
- Ultrasound services will be performed at bedside or in the ED ultrasound room at varying times.
- Interventional radiology, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and nuclear medicine patients receive radiology services in the following facilities as appropriate:
- the current Chandler Hospital building (Pavilion H)
- the Critical Care Tower (Pavilion HA)
- the Gill Building (Pavilion G)