Markey Cancer Center patients and their family members have access to Markey's Psych-Oncology Services staff. This staff includes a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, oncology social workers, an American Cancer Society (ACS) Patient Navigator, and a clinical dietitian. The Markey Psych-Oncology staff can offer emotional support and counseling during treatment and can help address various types of issues that patients experience during treatment. The oncology social workers and ACS Patient Navigator can help guide patients to various cancer-specific resources, and the clinical dietitian can provide nutrition therapy during treatment. If you would like to meet with someone in the Psych-Oncology department, please contact any of the staff members below.
- Joan Scales, LCSW - Supervisor, Psych-Oncology Services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jenny Delap, MSSW, CSW - Oncology Social Worker. Email email@example.com.
- Angie Pennington, MSSW, CSW - Oncology Social Worker. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mandy Hatfield, MSW, CSW - Oncology Social Worker. Email email@example.com.
- Melanie Wilson - ACS Patient Navigator. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rachel C. Miller, MS, RD, LD - Clinical Dietitian. Email email@example.com.
- Michele Ratcliffe - Financial Counselor. Call 859-257-8072.
Patients at Markey are also invited to take advantage of our free Jin Shin Jyutsu program for patients and caregivers.
The American Cancer Society's Hope Lodge offers lodging for cancer patients and their caregivers. You must have a referral from your Markey Cancer Center physician or social worker. Visit the American Cancer Society website for more information.
In addition, Markey Cancer Center patients and family members have access to all the patient and family service providers at UK Chandler Hospital. Cancer information and education resources are available through the Markey Cancer Center Kentucky Cancer Program.