Cancer Research Day - Poster Guidelines
Poster presentation guidelines
The Poster Presentation will be held in two sessions: The first from 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and the second from noon - 1:30 p.m., with half of the posters presented and judged in each session.
Poster setup begins at 8 a.m. and will end at 9 a.m. Detailed instructions will be emailed to authors of accepted abstracts, but the following guidelines should be followed for posters:
- Tables and illustrations should be kept relatively simple.
- Type size, lines and symbols in illustrations should be sufficiently large and bold to be comprehensible from a viewing distance of up to 6 feet.
- Each poster should contain a top panel containing the title of the abstract and the names of the authors.
- Illustrative material should be arranged in a logical order from top down and left to right.
- The poster board assigned to each presenter has a usable area of 8 feet in width and 4 feet in height.
- Pushpins will be provided.
Online submission of abstracts
Deadline: Noon, April 3, 2015
Need design help?
The Research Communications Office (RCO) can assist you with poster design and formatting. E-mail Jennifer Rogers by April 28 to allow enough time for processing: email@example.com.
Recommended poster printers
Ricoh Document Centers, located on the UK campus, offer discounts for MCCRD posters: Contact: 859-257-3392
Monster Color, a division of Lynn Imaging: www.monster-color.com
FedEx Office / Kinko's (on Larkin Road); inquire about delivery to campus: Contact 859-275-4673
Follow this link to the online submission form: Abstract Submission Form
Questions? Contact the event coordinator via email: mailto:%20Markey-CEL@lsv.uky.edu