The mission of Cancer Research Informatics Shared Resource Facility (CRI SRF) is to facilitate collaborative research among members of the Markey Cancer Center (MCC) through the optimal application of informatics technologies and methods that maximize the accessibility and usability of data, information and knowledge. To this end, our primary goal is to provide comprehensive and centralized data acquisition and informatics support that is readily available to cancer center members.
The Specific Aims of the CRI are to:
- Develop and support innovative technologies for research funded studies that facilitate accurate, timely, and secure data acquisition and dissemination.
- Leverage the statewide electronic data resources of the Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Kentucky Cancer Registry (KCR) to facilitate MCC research in Kentucky's Appalachian population.
- Ensure the interoperability of informatics systems in compliance with evolving data standards.
- Maintain and support a comprehensive patient centered data warehouse offering unique opportunities for MCC investigators to utilize integrated datasets ranging from molecular biomarkers to Appalachian patient populations.
- Provide novel and state-of-the-art solutions to the unique informatics challenges that arise from MCC research in collaboration with the UK Biomedical Informatics Division.