Goal: The Bioinformatics Section of the BSRF provides computational and statistical processing of genomics data as well as assists in study design planning of preclinical and clinical bioinformatics studies.
Summary of Services:
- Pipeline for Microarray (Affymetrix) data processing
- Utilization of genomic data repositories (Oncomine, GEO, TCGA, etc)
- Pipeline for RNA-sequencing computational and statistical processing
- Pipeline for DNA-sequencing/genomic alterations computational and statistical processing
- Gene set enrichment analysis (GSEA) and pathway analysis
- Processing and statistical analysis of other high-throughput datasets such as microRNA
- Sample size and power calculations for preclinical and clinical bioinformatics studies
We closely interact with Markey's Cancer Research Informatics Shared Resource Facility to implement computing solutions for data storage and management, data access and transfer.
We continue to develop additional capabilities and services. In addition, investigators can be directed to other UK faculty (Department of Statistics, Biostatistics, CCTS Biomedical Informatics) for provision of additional expertise in bioinformatics and systems biochemistry for metabolomics or proteomics (Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry).