UK Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network Hospitals
View larger map (PDF, 141 KB)
81 Ball Park Road, Harlan
Whether you have been diagnosed with cancer or the disease has touched someone you love,
Harlan ARH Hospital provides you local treatment options to help in the fight against cancer. Our staff's expertise, combined with advanced technology and services, provide our patients with the highest quality care. Our coordinated approach to cancer care best meets the need of each individual patient.
ARH Regional Medical Center Hazard
110 Medical Center Drive, Hazard
ARH Cancer Center is a state-of-the-art, cancer treatment and care facility that serves the people of Eastern Kentucky and surrounding areas. The cancer center provides the latest technology, experienced physicians and support staff, and a nurturing environment that gives each patient the individualized care they deserve. The ARH Cancer Center is focused on giving each patient the best care possible while allowing them to remain close to home.
We provide state-of-the-art cancer treatment with patient comfort in mind by providing:
- A 10,000-square-foot cancer center located in Eastern Kentucky.
- Two board-certified hematologist/Oncologists and a board-certified radiation oncologist with more than 20 years of combined experience.
- A highly skilled support staff including on-site radiation therapists, radiation physicist, dosimetrist clerk, registered nurses, pharmacists, certified nursing assistants, certified medical assistants, and volunteers that provide all the care you need under one roof.
- The latest treatment techniques, such as image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) and intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), which use advanced technology to accurately position the patient and manipulate radiation beams to conform to the shape of a tumor and reduce dose to surrounding tissue.
- A chemotherapy and infusion suite designed to provide the patient with the most comfortable, relaxing experience possible, which includes lounging in a La-Z-Boy recliner treatment chair while gazing out the window at our tranquil garden.
- Patient navigator services provided free to every patient. The patient navigator is with each patient every step of the way by helping them with transportation, medication and financial assistance when needed.
- Surgical oncology procedures performed at the adjacent ARH Regional Medical Center in advanced surgical suites.
- An American Cancer Society-sponsored Cancer Resource Center located in-house that provides patients with free wigs, turbans and important cancer information to aid the patients during their treatment process.
- A dedicated parking area for ARH Cancer Center patients allowing easy access to and from our facility.
299 King's Daughters Drive, Frankfort
Frankfort Regional Medical Center’s Cancer Program provides patients the benefits of all major cancer diagnostic and treatment methods, including surgical, infusion, medical oncology and radiation oncology services. Our level of quality is among the nation’s best — demonstrated by our recent accreditation by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons.
CoC accreditation is given only to those facilities that have committed to providing the highest level of quality cancer care and to undergoing rigorous evaluation and performance review. Frankfort Regional Medical Center received three-year accreditation following an on-site evaluation to review compliance with 34 CoC quality care standards in areas including cancer committee leadership, cancer data management, clinical services, research, community outreach and quality improvement.
As a member of the UK Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network, Frankfort Regional Medical Center is able to provide patients access to additional specialty and subspecialty physicians and care when needed, including clinical trials and advanced technology.
1140 Lexington Road, Georgetown
Georgetown Community Hospital offers a variety of services for cancer patients. The hospital has a chemotherapy suite that offers six private rooms for patient care.
The suite is staffed by two full-time nurses who have a combined 30 years of chemotherapy infusion and oncology experience. Additionally, Rick Myhand, MD, is Georgetown’s full-time oncologist. Dr. Myhand is board certified in internal medicine, medical oncology and hematology, and he is focused on the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and blood disorders. Dr. Myhand has a rich history of military service, as well as academic and medical experience including instructor, assistant professor and medical director positions. He was previously Chief of Hematology/Oncology at both Walter Reed Army Medical Center and the San Antonio Military Medical Center.
913 N. Dixie Highway, Elizabethtown
Our patients and their families expect
Hardin Memorial Hospital to provide the latest in cancer care technology, access to the most current treatments and diagnostic testing that can be offered in a community setting. We want our patients to know when they come to the Cancer Care Center that they are receiving a holistic approach to their care.
1210 KY Highway 36 East, Cynthiana
Harrison Memorial Hospital celebrated 100 years of service. Once a community hospital, HMH has expanded, acquiring state-of-the-art technology and partnering with leading specialists to deliver the highest quality health care closer to home.
For cancer treatment, Harrison Memorial has partnered with the Markey Cancer Center to offer the best treatment to area residents. Dennie Jones, MD, a Markey oncologist, sees patients 1½ days a week at the Harrison Memorial Hospital Specialty Clinic.
In 2007, Harrison Memorial opened new infusion therapy and chemotherapy suites that feature six private areas with a television and chairs for patients and family members. In addition, patients have Internet access so they may view educational information on cancer care. The department also has nine registered nurses who are certified for the administration of chemotherapy and biotherapy agents.
1305 N. Elm St., Henderson
Methodist Hospital is a 192-bed acute-care facility and is just one facet of the Methodist Hospital Healthcare system. The system also includes 19 outpatient offices with 47 providers over a four-county service area in Western Kentucky.
224 East Broadway, Louisville
As three-time winner of the prestigious Press Ganey Summit Award for excellence in patient care, Norton Cancer Institute’s mission is to blend comprehensive healing, compassion and hope for patients and their families. Our team of experts is dedicated to offering patients confidence and the latest in care techniques through a multidisciplinary approach to advanced cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. Norton Cancer Institute offers a broad range of cancer specialists, services and programs, including the da Vinci minimally invasive surgical system; a $1 million Mobile Prevention Center; and cancer radiation centers offering state-of-the-art stereotactic radiosurgery and advanced brachytherapy technologies such as MammoSite. Norton Cancer Institute also provides extensive educational, physical and emotional support services, as well as industry-leading cancer research studies and clinical trials.
Norton Cancer Institute is designated by the American College of Surgeons as the only accredited Integrated Network Program in Kentucky and one of only 34 in the nation. In 2010, Norton Cancer Institute was selected to join the National Cancer Institute Community Cancer Centers Program. Norton Cancer Institute is the only NCCCP site in Kentucky and one of only 21 sites in the nation. Norton Cancer Institute collaborates with the UK Markey Cancer Center and Moffitt Cancer Center, both of which are National Cancer Institute-designated cancer centers, to advance the availability clinical research trials to cancer patients throughout the Commonwealth. More information is available at
1000 St. Christopher Drive, Ashland
Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital (OLBH), located in Greenup County, a group of physicians, researchers, nurses, dietitians, social workers and home health care providers work together to help patients win the battle against cancer.
Each patient and each type of cancer differs. That is why thoughtful treatment planning is conducted with each individual patient at OLBH. A host of cancer treatments, clinical trials and genetic testing are available. The cancer program is accredited with commendation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. Additionally, the hospital has a special nursing area dedicated to oncology services, known as the "Emmanuel Unit." The area incorporates music therapy and holistic care as a part of patient healing. It is an extensive Christian care area designed to treat the whole person -- body, mind and spirit.
145 Newcomb Ave., Mount Vernon
Since becoming an affiliate in 2004, the partnership between
Rockcastle Regional Hospital's Cancer Care Services and the Markey Cancer Center has brought top-notch cancer care services closer to patients in Rockcastle and its surrounding counties.
Aside from eliminating the need to travel to receive cancer care, the affiliation allows Rockcastle Regional to provide chemotherapy five days a week. Markey Cancer Center oncologists Susanne Arnold, MD, and Mara Chambers, MD, see patients weekly. Mary Phillips, ARNP, and three nurses trained by the Markey Cancer Center help provide cancer care services.
The chemotherapy suite includes four chemotherapy bays furnished with recliners and flat-screen televisions as well as two private rooms.
Patient support services available at Rockcastle Regional Hospital:
- Patient education and training - The Rockcastle clinical staff provides resources to help patients and their families learn what they need to know about their cancer type and treatments. Print materials and educational presentations are made available to patients and their families. There is also a computer located in the chemotherapy suite specifically for cancer patients and their families to use to gain access to online resources.
- Look Good, Feel Better group sessions - Volunteer beauty professionals lead small groups of women through practical, hands-on techniques to look good and feel better about their appearance during chemotherapy and radiation treatments. The women learn about makeup, skin care, nail care and ways to deal with hair loss through the use of wigs, turbans, and scarves. Each participant also gets a free makeup kit to use during and after the workshop.
- Cancer support group - Rockcastle Regional hosts a cancer support group for patients who are currently receiving treatment, cancer survivors, caregivers and other family members, and anyone who is interested in supportive cancer care. This monthly support group is open for those interested in sharing educational opportunities and experiences.
222 Medical Circle, Morehead
From a comprehensive, nationally accredited oncology program to doctors who deliver expert care and compassion,
St. Claire Regional delivers the personalized care you need at every stage of your cancer treatment and recovery.
Oncologist Allen Lim, MD, and a team of certified oncology staff help ensure that each St. Claire Regional cancer patient receives the highest quality of care by combining state-of-the-art treatment techniques while offering support.
Through the affiliation with the Markey Cancer Center, St. Claire Regional provides the same level of services, technology and quality of care that is found in larger Kentucky health care systems. Our patients receive some of today’s most advanced chemotherapy and radiation therapies closer to their own homes.
Tug Valley ARH Regional Medical Center
260 Hospital Drive, South Williamson
A cancer diagnosis is a frightening experience. Many of the latest forms of cancer treatment at are available close to home at
Tug Valley ARH Regional Medical Center. Our services are led by Walid Baz, MD, a specialist in hematology and oncology, who can diagnose and treat all forms of cancer and has an accomplished background in managing highly complex cancer cases. Choosing us for your treatment means you are able to get chemotherapy and other treatments locally, keeping you in close contact with your much-needed support team of family and friends.