- Resource Center for Stable Isotope-Resolved Metabolomics Workshop and Symposium. Sunday, July 27 - Friday, August 8. Learn more.
- Third Annual UK Natural Products Consortium Symposium - Friday, August 8. Email Tonya Vance for more information.
- Markey Research Seminars will resume later this year. See the full schedule »
Markey Cancer Center Support Groups. For more information, contact Joan Scales at 859-323-1403.
- Head and Neck Support Group - First Tuesday of each month, 4 p.m., 208 Combs Research Building
- In Treatment Support Group - First Friday of each month, 2-3:30 p.m., 208 Combs Research Building
- Initial Diagnosis Support Group - Second Wednesday and fourth Tuesday of each month, Noon - 1:30 p.m., Comprehensive Breast Care Center (Whitney-Hendrickson Building)
- Survivors Support Group - Third Tuesday of each month, 5-6:30 p.m., Hilary J. Boone Center, Fireside Room
- Young Adult Support Group - Third Wednesday of each month, 4-5:30 p.m., Hilary J. Boone Center, Fireside Room
- Neuro-Oncology Support Group - Second Wednesday of each month, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Hilary J. Boone Center, Fireside Room
Jin Shin Jyutsu at Markey
The "Now Know Myself" Jin Shin Jyutsu Self-Help program is open to patients, caregivers and staff. It is held on the second Wednesday of each month, 1-2 p.m., in Conference Room 306, Whitney-Hendrickson Building. For more information contact Jennifer Bradley at 859-323-1797.
Jin Shin Jyutsu, similar to acupuncture, harmonizes the energetic system of the body utilizing light touch rather than needles. Jin Shin Jyutsu treatments may be received by working with a practitioner or by using a simple light touch technique known as self-help on ourselves. We use this technique daily without thinking as we hold our hands, touch our cheeks and generally self-soothe. When we do these simple holds with awareness, we become empowered to be a part of our own healing process. Come join us each month as we explore different ways we can use Jin Shin Jyutsu self-help to assist with side effects of cancer treatment and the stressors of our daily lives. All you need to bring is your hands!
American Cancer Society Look Good, Feel Better Program
This program will be held the first Wednesday of each month, 10 a.m. - noon, in the Comprehensive Breast Care Center conference room on the second floor of the Whitney-Hendrickson Building. The program is dedicated to improving self-esteem and quality of life for people undergoing cancer treatment. Download more information or visit the Look Good, Feel Better website for more information.