My name is David Booth; I received my medical degree from University of Texas, Medical School, Houston. I completed a fellowship at Georgetown University Hospital, Washington.
I am board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
Professor of Medicine
University of Texas, Medical School at Houston, Houston
University of Texas Affiliated Hospitals, Houston
Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion G
Gill Heart Institute
1000 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536-0602
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
See list of insurers »
Recent Publications (Five most recent publications from PubMed via an automated list based on the provider’s ID and the University of Kentucky.)
- Acharjee S, Teo KK, Jacobs AK, Hartigan PM, Barn K, Gosselin G, Tanguay JF, Maron DJ, Kostuk WJ, Chaitman BR, Mancini GB, Spertus JA, Dada MR, Bates ER, Booth DC, Weintraub WS, O'Rourke RA, Boden WE.
Optimal medical therapy with or without percutaneous coronary intervention in women with stable coronary disease: A pre-specified subset analysis of the Clinical Outcomes Utilizing Revascularization and Aggressive druG Evaluation (COURAGE) trial.
Am Heart J. 2016 Mar;173:108-17.
- Whitbeck MG, Charnigo RJ, Shah J, Morales G, Leung SW, Fornwalt B, Bailey AL, Ziada K, Sorrell VL, Zegarra MM, Thompson J, Hosn NA, Campbell CL, Gurley J, Anaya P, Booth DC, Di Biase L, Natale A, Smyth S, Moliterno DJ, Elayi CS.
QRS duration predicts death and hospitalization among patients with atrial fibrillation irrespective of heart failure: evidence from the AFFIRM study.
Europace. 2014 Jun;16(6):803-11.
- Mancini GB, Hartigan PM, Shaw LJ, Berman DS, Hayes SW, Bates ER, Maron DJ, Teo K, Sedlis SP, Chaitman BR, Weintraub WS, Spertus JA, Kostuk WJ, Dada M, Booth DC, Boden WE.
Predicting outcome in the COURAGE trial (Clinical Outcomes Utilizing Revascularization and Aggressive Drug Evaluation): coronary anatomy versus ischemia.
JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014 Feb;7(2):195-201.
- Whitbeck MG, Charnigo RJ, Khairy P, Ziada K, Bailey AL, Zegarra MM, Shah J, Morales G, Macaulay T, Sorrell VL, Campbell CL, Gurley J, Anaya P, Nasr H, Bai R, Di Biase L, Booth DC, Jondeau G, Natale A, Roy D, Smyth S, Moliterno DJ, Elayi CS.
Increased mortality among patients taking digoxin--analysis from the AFFIRM study.
Eur Heart J. 2013 May;34(20):1481-8.
- Rajagopalan N, Booth DC, Diaz-Guzman E, Hoopes CW.
Successful ventricular assist device placement in transposition of the great arteries with pulmonary hypertension.
Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Feb;95(2):e47.
View this provider on PubMed