My name is Jessica Lee; I'm a vascular neurologist. I received my
medical degree from the University of Mississippi
School of Medicine. I completed a neurology
residency at Madigan Army Medical Center
in Tacoma, Wash., and a vascular neurology
fellowship at University of Texas Southwestern
Medical Center in Dallas.
I utilize Botox therapy for post-stroke spasticity.
Associate Professor of Neurology
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson
Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Wash.
Vascular Neurology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Vascular Neurology
Kentucky Neuroscience Institute
First Floor, Wing C, Room B101
740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536-0284
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
See list of insurers »
Recent Publications (Five most recent publications from PubMed via an automated list based on the provider’s ID and the University of Kentucky.)
- Lee JD, Fry CS, Mula J, Kirby TJ, Jackson JR, Liu F, Yang L, Dupont-Versteegden EE, McCarthy JJ, Peterson CA.
Aged Muscle Demonstrates Fiber-Type Adaptations in Response to Mechanical Overload, in the Absence of Myofiber Hypertrophy, Independent of Satellite Cell Abundance.
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2016 Apr;71(4):461-7.
- Kirby TJ, Lee JD, England JH, Chaillou T, Esser KA, McCarthy JJ.
Blunted hypertrophic response in aged skeletal muscle is associated with decreased ribosome biogenesis.
J Appl Physiol (1985). 2015 Aug 15;119(4):321-7.
- Walton RG, Finlin BS, Mula J, Long DE, Zhu B, Fry CS, Westgate PM, Lee JD, Bennett T, Kern PA, Peterson CA.
Insulin-resistant subjects have normal angiogenic response to aerobic exercise training in skeletal muscle, but not in adipose tissue.
Physiol Rep. 2015 Jun;3(6).
- Fry CS, Lee JD, Mula J, Kirby TJ, Jackson JR, Liu F, Yang L, Mendias CL, Dupont-Versteegden EE, McCarthy JJ, Peterson CA.
Inducible depletion of satellite cells in adult, sedentary mice impairs muscle regenerative capacity without affecting sarcopenia.
Nat Med. 2015 Jan;21(1):76-80.
- Fry CS, Lee JD, Jackson JR, Kirby TJ, Stasko SA, Liu H, Dupont-Versteegden EE, McCarthy JJ, Peterson CA.
Regulation of the muscle fiber microenvironment by activated satellite cells during hypertrophy.
FASEB J. 2014 Apr;28(4):1654-65.
View this provider on PubMed