Patient information | New babies | Visiting Hours/Guidelines | Send eGreetings | Lodging | Blood Donation | Volunteering | Employment
Patient information is private. The only health information that can be given over the phone is a patient's condition (good, fair, serious or critical). If you are calling to check on a family member or friend, you must know the patient's last name.
For patient condition or information, call 859-323-5816. Patient Information staff can transfer your call to the patient's room, or provide you with a room phone number.
View New Babies
The Birthing Center offers newborn and family photos from our Web Nursery at Our 365. These photos can be ordered and viewed by family members online or can be purchased by parents at the hospital.
Please check with a nurse on your unit for visiting policy. Visitors should always check at the nurses' station before visiting a patient. Visitor passes are available from Hospital Security for visitors staying after hours.
General visiting guidelines
- Visitors who are ill should not visit UK Hospital. It is important that anyone who has a cold, sore throat, flu, stomach virus or any contagious disease, including chicken pox, not visit the hospital.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to examine the patient.
- Children must have adult supervision at all times.
- Children under 10 are not permitted in patient care areas. Please ask your nurse for special permission.
- General visiting hours are from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week. With the approval of nursing, a visitor may stay with a patient past general visiting hours. Patients are allowed to have a maximum of two visitors at a time.
- Visitors may not bring their own sleeping bags, pillows or blankets into the hospital. UK Hospital will provide blankets and pillows for families in the waiting room. Housekeeping will collect the items each morning.
- Certain areas of UK Hospital, including the birthing center, psychiatry and the intensive care units, have different visiting rules. Visitors should always check at the nurses' station before visiting a patient.
Send email greetings to a patient with eGreet.
See our page on lodging.
Volunteer blood donations are greatly appreciated and can be made to the community blood supply. To donate blood you must be at least 17 years of age, weigh a minimum of 110 pounds and be in good general health. You can donate blood every 56 days.
Kentucky Blood Center is a nonprofit community blood center serving 65 hospitals and clinics in Kentucky. Donor centers are located in Hazard, Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Somerset, and Lexington. For general blood donation information, call the Kentucky Blood Center (KBC) at 859-276-2534 or toll free 800-775-2522.
KBC is located at 3121 Beaumont Center Circle, Lexington, KY 40513. The KBC has a second location in Lexington at 3130 Maple Leaf Drive.
The hours for the Beaumont location are Monday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m (Sunday hours for platelet and plasma donations only).
The hours for the Andover location are Monday and Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and closed on Sunday.
Get volunteer information here or call the Volunteer Office at 859-323-6023, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Find out about employment at UK HealthCare or view nurse recruitment information.
| Back to top |