If you are in labor, or you have problems during your pregnancy, you should come to our Birthing Center Triage, located on the third floor of UK Chandler Hospital. You should also come to the Birthing Center Triage if you are scheduled for a procedure, such as a cesarean section. Here, you will be evaluated by a physician and nurse. Any necessary labs will be drawn, and your baby will be electronically monitored to determine their well being.
If you are scheduled for a surgical procedure, do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before. This can delay your surgery.
Normal visiting hours are 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. to help ensure new mothers and infants have enough quiet time to rest and heal.
Family members can play a crucial role in the healing process of our patients. To keep our patients healthy, we have certain visiting restrictions:
• Family members and guests who have a fever, diarrhea or respiratory infections may not visit.
• Any child who has received a chicken pox vaccine within the past month cannot visit.
• Unless they are siblings of the new baby, children must be at least 14 years old to visit.
• All children, including siblings, must be accompanied by an adult who can supervise and leave with the child if necessary.
• In the triage area, one support person may accompany the mother-to-be.
• If the mother-to-be wishes to have visitors during labor and delivery, up to four individuals may be present to provide support.
• If a mother-to-be has been admitted to the Birthing Center but is not in labor, visitors are asked to observe normal visiting hours.
• When a mother-to-be is not laboring or is delivered one support person may stay the night in a sleep chair that is provided in each labor and delivery room and Mother-Baby Room.
• When a procedure is being conducted one support person may remain with the mother-to-be. All other visitors will be asked to go to the waiting room until the procedure is completed.
• The Birthing Center offers newborn and family photos from our Web Nursery at Our 365. These photos can be ordered and viewed by family members online or can be purchased by parents at the hospital. View new babies
Chandler Hospital - The parking garage is located at 110 Transcript Avenue. It is directly across from the hospital off of South Limestone.
Kentucky Clinic - The parking garage is located at 140 Huguelet Avenue between South Limestone and Rose St.